Monday 27 July 2015

Healthy Monday- 9 Ways To Beat The Heat And Fall Asleep In High Temperatures


Bedroom feel more like a Swedish sauna than a tranquil haven? Try these top tips

© Getty

When the temperatures rise, falling asleep can be quite the feat. From fighting with your duvet to battling the sounds of the main road now that your windows are wide open - here are 10 tips to make the whole process a bit easier.

1/ TIRE YOURSELF OUT
'Best way to get to sleep in summer? I swear by a long run to tire myself out, followed by a cold shower. It's a shock to the system but grit your teeth, nothing gets your temperature down faster. Apologies to my housemates: that yelping coming from the bathroom was me.' - Katie Teehan, 

2/ THIN SHEETS
'The only way I'll get any shut eye in summer is with thin sheets, the fan on full blast, windows open, little or no pyjamas, and an ice cold glass of water on my nightstand. Some might say that I go to extreme lengths to stay cool in the heat, and, well, they may be right.' - Alexia Dellner, Web Writer

3/ A FAN
'A crappy little oscillating fan perched on my bedside table and aimed straight at my face ensures a good night's slumber. Bonus: it gives me peaceful dreams about being out at sea!' - Agilene De Villa, Acting Chief Sub-editor

4/ FOOT SOAK
'I like to soak my feet in the bath in cold water while I'm washing my face in the sink – it cools me down just before I turn in for the night.' - Amy Grier, Features Editor

5/ A BORING BOOK
'My trick for a good night's sleep is a really long run in the evening followed by a quick shower and a boring book in bed. As soon as the lights are out, I'm zzzzzzz!' 


6/ PEPPERMINT PILLOW SPRAY
'My trick for a sleeping in the heat? Silk sheets and a peppermint pillow spray. Luxurious and cool.' - 


7/ SLEEP NAKED
'Too hot to sleep? Easy. Just sleep naked.' - Anita Bhagwandas, Health and Beauty Editor


8/ FOOT CREAM
'If I have hot feet I CANNOT sleep! So I've invested in a cooling foot cream (Udderly Gorgeous Leg & Foot Treatment, £18.50 from cowshedonline.com) 

9/ EYE MASKS
'If you're not adverse to sleep accessories double up on your eye masks. Wear a comfy silk style next to your skin topped with The Body Shop's cooling eye mask that you've chilled in your freezer all day. Together they'll soothe tired, heat-irritated eyes without the risk of brain freeze.

Credit:Women Health

No comments:

Post a Comment